Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Interview with Brad Taylor (Books)

 


1.      Are you writing a memoir? What's it about, and does it start at the beginning or your career or your life?  No.  I'm not writing a memoir of my life because most of what would be sexy is classified.  I'm not sure anyone would want to read a book about me running around the woods as a child camping.  

2.      What was your big break?  I'm not sure what this means.  I guess my "big break" would be passing Ranger School in 1987.  I went as a cadet, and if I'd have failed it, I wouldn't have been commissioned in the Army.  I was extremely lucky, so if I was going to pick a "big break", that would be it.

3.      Favorite authors and influences?  Too many to list.  Every author has influenced me in one way or another.  I've read everything from Ray Bradbury to Stephen King.  Picking one or another on a list just doesn't work.

4.      End of Days is on Audible, with The Devil's Ransom upcoming as I write this. What do you think of Rich Orlow?  I think he's a good dude. I've never actually met him, but readers seem to like his narration.  We've developed a rapport where he contacts me directly to ask questions about certain military aspects of the books.

5.      The Dig is set in Mexico in a Mayan temple, and in Roswell NM, both places I've visited. What is the terrorist attack, and inspiration?  Actually, The Ruins is set in Mexico at a Mayan Temple.  The Dig is solely in Roswell, and is an exploration of what Pike and Jennifer did to start their company, Grolier Recovery Services.  It takes place in between book one and two of the series.  

6.      Have noticed the Audible Originals get many more hits than normal posts of audiobooks. You have to be asked by Audible, but you are one they would surely invite. Perhaps a long story? Yeah, maybe they'll invite me!

7.      What's next for you?  I just returned from a book research trip to Scandinavia, hitting Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Estonia.  Currently banging away on book 18 - more to come.

Recommend THE DEVIL’S RANSOM as a riveting exploration of computer related espionage, never losing a readers attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe.