Heard "Smart Fat" audiobook. Here are the findings:
1) No "hydrogenated" anything. No bread. No potatoes.
2) No fruit drinks (OJ or Apple juice.) No diet soda.
3) No vegetable oil (Canola, etc.)
4) No lunch meats. No processed anything. (Chips, cakes, candies, hot dogs, ketchup, etc.)
5) On the menu: seeds, berries, avocado, grass fed meat, free range eggs, nuts, protein powder, almond milk, greens, wild salmon, yogurt, sauerkraut, cauliflower, broccoli, green tea, lemon, melons, celery, flax/chia peanut butter (found at Trader Joes), papaya, ginger, onions, peppers, garlic, spices like Turmeric/Basil/Thyme/Mint/Oregano/Cinnamon, cherries, tomatoes (cooked longer increases rather than decreases health effects, unlike heat on other vegetables.)
1) Vitamins are mostly a waste of money. Throw away calcium supplements (particularly carbonate forms), and instead increase intake of magnesium (not carbonate.)
2) Vitamin D is vital, and must be supplemented. It can prevent cancers and diabetes and dementia. It is the most important vitamin.
3) Fish oil must be high quality or it can be damaging. Low quality fish oils have zero effectiveness.
4) Slow food, not fast food. Do not burn or rush cooking. Butter, NOT margarine or vegetable oils. Ever.
Follow these rules and you won't need any diet or health books. For the full breakdown (why and how of science), plus recipes, plus motivation, plus links, plus case studies, order the audiobook (well read by Adam Verner.)