The Audio Publishers Association (APA) has announced A Good Audiobook Speaks Volumes, an exceptional national public awareness video campaign that will highlight the many advantages of audiobooks and inspire millions to try this format. The campaign has begun and will continue throughout the summer.
Videos from bestselling celebrity authors James Patterson (The Games), Tyler Oakley (Binge), Stephen King (End of Watch), Whoopi Goldberg (If Someone Says "You Complete Me," Run!), and Chelsea Clinton (It's Your World: Get Informed, Inspired, and Get Going!) kick off the campaign the first week of June as these authors share their personal audiobook stories.
"The APA is excited about launching this campaign that includes testimonials from so many authors sharing their enthusiasm for the audio format," says APA President, Linda Lee. "Video has proven to be an effective way to create a connection with potential audiences and who better to bring that message than the authors themselves!"
The campaign comes at a time when the audiobook industry is seeing tremendous growth. The APA's most recent sales survey revealed a 24% increase in unit sales of audiobooks. The exponential growth shows that there are still plenty of readers discovering audiobooks every day, and this campaign will capture their enthusiasm.
In addition to the author videos, which will be shared online across social media platforms, the campaign will include online advertising, a sweepstakes, and will encourage listeners to share why they #loveaudiobooks on social media.
As the campaign gains momentum within all of the major audiobook publishers, more authors commit each day to record and release videos throughout the summer, from New York Times bestselling and award-winning authors to exciting debut authors, including those shown below.
- Brad Thor, Foreign Agent
- Esta Spalding, Look out for the Fitzgerald-Trouts
- Andrew Solomon, Far and Away: Reporting from the Brink of Change
- Francesca Serritella, co-author with Lisa Scottoline, I've Got Sand in All the Wrong Places
- Lisa Scottoline, Damaged
- Faith Salie, Approval Junkie
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Aurora
- Douglas Preston, Beyond the Ice Limit with Lincoln Child
- Hollie Overton, Baby Doll
- Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
- Brad Meltzer, The House of Secrets
- David Levithan, Twelve Days of Dash & Lily
- Christina Lauren, Beautiful Bastard series
- Caroline Kepnes, Hidden Bodies
- Jazz Jennings, Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen
- J.A. Jance, Clawback: An Ali Reynolds Novel
- Lisa Genova, Inside the O'Briens
- Sean Patrick Flanery, Jane Two: A Novel
- Max Firestone, The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss
- Tim Federle, The Great American Whatever
- Delia Ephron, Sircausa
- Amy Cuddy, Presence
- Justin Cronin, The Passage trilogy
- John Connolly, A Time of Torment
- Kresley Cole, The Immortals After Dark series
- Julie Buxbaum, Tell Me Three Things
- Jordana Brodsky, The Immortals
- Julie Berry, The Passion of Dolssa